Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Nothing Tips Like a Cow

After lunch at Chipotle, we went to Mom's old house to see how Angela and Vern had fixed it up. They took out a wall between the living room and kitchen, moved all the plumbing, added and fireplace, and combined two small bathrooms into one luxurious spa. But the thing that really blew me away was the finished basement. It was a scary, moldy place and now is bright and clean. Definitely added living space.
We had dinner at Young's Jesey Dairy (Great ice cream!!) and then took Elvis to visit the cows and goats. This calf was enjoying Tasha's petting and then decided her dress was very tasty!
Tasha ditched us to go out with friends and we called it an early night.
I woke up at 4 am completely alone in the hotel room. Chris's keys and wallet were still on the desk so I was pretty sure that I had slept through the rapture. I found him in the lounge where he had escaped from my snoring. In my defense, I had a bad cold. I let him go back to the room and I stayed up. I was too freaked out to sleep anyway.
We took a walk in Cliff Park so I could take some pictures of Elvis. I remember exploring the cliffs when I was a child. It seemed so big. Not so much anymore.
We had brunch at the Simon Kenton Inn. We stayed there the last time we were in Ohio 18 months earlier. Boy, have they expanded! It is completed surrounded by beautiful rolling hills of corn.
After brunch. we went to Mom's apartment and I looked at pictures with her. At first she didn't even seem to try to remember anything but then it seemed to click and she could remember lots of details.
Then it was back to Columbus and dinner with Patty and Jim (and, of course, more kitten pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment