Tuesday, June 22, 2010

We're Going to Kansas City

I can't believe we were in Kansas City for three days and didn't go to Stroud's. We did have some tasty Q at Oklahoma Joe's which is in a gas station. But our best meal, by far, was at Lin and David's house. Lin made yummy mashed potatoes and grilled corn on the cob and shrimp. She catered so kindly to my allergies. It wasn't just the delicious food, though. It was so nice to sit out on the deck and watch the fireflies and have a pleasant conversation - politics aside.
It was especially nice to cuddle up with their new puppy, Bentley. I couldn't stop even though I knew I would pay with allergy symptoms later. Look how cute! Who could resist?
Dr. Wu seemed to enjoy himself although, the next day, he worked very hard to express his disappointment that there was no steak! I took the blame.

I spent every minute I could in organizing, cleaning and posting the Wu family pictures. 1980 and 1981 are online. Since we got married in 1981, it brought  back a lot of good memories.
Chris sat with his dad for a while looking at photos from World War II. It took a while to engage but then he could remember lots of good stories.
We planned to take him out for the steak he missed, but he was too tired. Plus, it stormed like crazy.
During a break in the rain, we walked Dr. Wu to the frozen custard store. His caregivers are the best! We are so lucky! They really love him and take fabulous care of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment