Thursday, June 24, 2010

Then why is it so hard?

I have whatever is the opposite of ADD. It's not really OCD but it must have some cute acronym.
I have always struggled with "keeping all the balls up in the air." I get into one thing and want to do it until it's finished. But so little in life is ever really finished.
Maybe it's also due to the fact that most of my adult life I have had jobs that required that I multi-task or juggle many different tasks or drop whatever I am currently doing to respond to some crisis. Maybe I respond by wanting to concentrate on one thing.
So.. laundry doesn't get done... The house doesn't get cleaned... And I forget to write this blog. It's hard to shift gears sometimes. I haven't made anything in a month because I am up to my eyebrows in Wu family pictures.
Anybody got ideas about how to maintain balance? The only thing I can come up with is setting limits on myself, creating a schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment