Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Learning New Stuff Is Hard

Robin and Pat lit a fire under me to get my bracelets sold and make my business successful.
So I spent most of last week on 
  1. putting branded price tags on each bracelet,
  2. adding small images for all currently available bracelets to the web site
  3. creating large images on separate web pages for all available bracelets
  4. linking all images to paypal
  5. linking my paypal account to the bank and, finally,
  6. posting the revised web page.
Doing each of these things was difficult to figure out at first but quickly became repetitive and tedius, not to mention time-consuming. Don't even ask about all the new passwords I need to remember: online banking, paypal, webmail, website.
THEN, by popular demand, I had to create an etsy page. MORE passwords! Etsy is much easier and allows for credit cards but they charge about ten times as much as paypal alone.
But I got my first online orders! And I had to create receipts and financial records and return labels. Whew!
I really appreciate the support of my friends. It will be even more fun when people I don't know want to buy stuff.
Now, I'd better go make something to sell.

No comments:

Post a Comment