Saturday, July 10, 2010

My Pepper Looks Like a Butt

Yeah, you read that right. What's up with this pepper? It's the only one I've gotten so far. Is God trying to tell me something?

This garden seems different than my past attempts. None of the plants seem to be going crazy with the leaves but they are making fruit. The cherry tomatoes don't usually make it into the house. I pop 'em like candy while I'm watering.
The only plant that seems really exuberant is the pumpkin which hasn't set a single fruit yet. But the flowers are beautiful (and maybe delicious but I am determined to wait for at least one pumpkin.)
Maybe everything seems to be growing more slowly because I'm home (the watched kettle theory).

Have I mentioned lately how much I enjoy NOT going to Hayward every day?

I might whine about still not having enough time to do everything but my stress level is almost non-existent. I think of all the things I don't have to worry about and -ahhhhh... it's like sinking into a nice warm bath.

I think that the cats enjoy having me around, too.
Yesterday I made enough new bamboo "beads" to make 20 bracelets. I'll make the bracelets today when Robin comes over.

I worked on Tiam's pictures in the evening. I'm restricting my Wu research to evenings. Otherwise I get obsessed.

I spent several hours updating my blog. What if all I did all day was write in my blog? Then I'd be writing about writing, like a mirror reflecting a mirror. How's that for philosophy, Mike?

No comments:

Post a Comment