Sunday, March 28, 2010

Climb Every Mountain

Robin and I met for a hike on Mt. Diablo at the Mitchell Canyon Trail which is supposed to be a great place to see wildflowers. Unfortunately, they don't allow dogs so we walked on the edges of the park. Then I went in search of the Globe Tulip which only grows on Mt. Diablo. It is not very showy. But at least I can say I saw it before I died. It was a beautiful day and ended up being quite warm. The trail wasn't too crowded but I did end up dodging some horses (and their excrement) as well as some bicyclists (who, I assumed, used the public facilities).

We met again in Clayton for a picnic lunch at a park in the center of town. By the time we left, I had a sunburned face and allergies galore. But it's only green and pleasant for a short time so I had to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment