Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Why Oh Why?

Why did I throw away a decent job with great benefits?
  1. It was becoming something I didn't want to do. With a new director and a never-ending financial crisis, my job wasn't so much the things I liked doing (like reading to kids or helping them choose books to read for fun) and was mostly homework help and administrative stuff. Okay in moderation, not 24/7.

  2. I have a lot of projects to do at home. I am the unofficial pictorial historian for the Wu family. I have thousands of photos that need to be scanned, cleaned and posted. And don't even mention the three huge boxes of slides that must be converted!

  3. I need more beauty and art in my life. I can't survive on urine decorated elevators.

  4. Work was interfering with my hobbies. I was working way too many hours and not having enough fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment