Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Deal

Since Chris supported my decision to quit my job, I am trying to be a better wife. The toilet has been "hissing" at odd times. Obviously it was possessed by a demon. Rather than call an exorcist (or a plumber), I got on the internet, diagnosed the problem and betook myself to the hardware store. A small hitch in the proceedings when the guy at Ace assured me that I should buy a part that looked completely different from the one I was replacing. Another trip to OSH and I was in business. So far so good. Food coloring in the tank fails to leak into the bowl. Score one for me.
I am listening to a lot of books on tape since I am trying not to turn the TV on during the day. As much as daytime TV sucks, it has a mesmerizing effect on anyone who might be looking for a way to procrastinate.
I went to the Lafayette Library to pick up some new audio books and they have books in MP3 format now. So much faster to load onto the iPod! I also stopped at the Friends of the Lafayette Library store. The ladies there were sooo nice! I got some cheap art books that I immediately chopped up.
I stopped at the store on the way home to get ingredients for dinner. I made chicken asparagus risotto and although it may not be up to Michael's standards, it was edible. Another way I'm trying to be a better wife.
Now I must gird my loins and face the craft room. I can't even get all the way into it right now. All the stuff I brought home from the library is forming an effective fortress. Where am I going to put it all?
It's very noisy here today. Huge machines in front of the house are tearing up the street to replace the sewer lines and some kind of riot is going on at Safeway behind us. People are chanting anti-Safeway slogans. A labor dispute of some kind?

No comments:

Post a Comment